Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A search of the forum suggests that the PAST gloves are the best available, but apparently the PAST is no more. Anyone care to recommend a second-best product? I’m approaching middl age (70 is about middle, yes) and find that some of my revolvers are becoming stronger than I am.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I loved my old semi-fingerless padded PAST shooting gloves! They haven't been made for quite a while, but one of my shooting buddies is able to use my old ones.

For current use the BEST ones I've found, after trying a couple other brands, are the PIGG brand. Here is the men's version. They also make a version especially for women - same glove but sized for women's hands. They are not foam padded in the crotch of your hand like the old PAST ones were, but still work great.

They are not the cheapest, but they provide good hand protection and they "work" thinner than they look.

In other words, they are not actually bulky at all.

·
Registered
19,343 Posts
I wear KUIU thinsulate hunting gloves and have for a long time. They ain't cheap but nothing KUIU is. Wear their Merino wool undies too.

·
Registered
26,022 Posts
While I use golf gloves for shotgun shooting, you might look at the Mechanix brand, IIRC, they have some padding. Of course you could shoot lighter loads and reduce the recoil.................;)

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I stumbled onto these. They aren't cheap but they are very well made and really take the bite out of my 4" 44Mag and 2" 686.

They look great but they aren't available at hardly any stores, and not on Amazon. How do they stay in business with so few outlets. There is only one in my state and it is nowhere near where I live.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I ordered a pair from their web site so we shall see what the service is like.
I didn't see any place on their web site that indicated you could buy direct when I first looked, but I found their order section. Yowsa, they are pretty pricey. The PIG tactical, sized for women, that I'm using aren't all that cheap either, but they are really good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.