Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Recently came into a collection of S&W revolvers, thought I'd join a forum :) I am a moderator at toyotanation, same ID. Getting into the tear down and tinkering with these revolvers, loving every minute. At the moment have a few .357 and a few .38. Will post all them up in the proper locations.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Welcome home! Two tips:
get a copy of the Kuhnhausen S&w shop manual.
second is get some 2 or 3 gal clear plastic bags to work in when releasing the tiny springs. They fly quite nicely!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome home! Two tips:
get a copy of the Kuhnhausen S&w shop manual.
second is get some 2 or 3 gal clear plastic bags to work in when releasing the tiny springs. They fly quite nicely!
Thanks! I have that book earmarked on Amazon to buy, along with the blue book of pricing. I keep my hand or a cloth over the spring loaded parts but that plastic bag idea is a good one!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Premium Member
2,818 Posts
Welcome to the forum... in my opinion, don't waste your money buying a firearms "blue book".

By the time they are compiled and published, they are already stale and inaccurate. They also do not take into consideration the differences in geographical pricing, such as the pricing in firearm law restrictive states such as California, where values for S&W handguns run much higher, especially the so called "off roster" handguns.

·
Premium Member
18,599 Posts
I agree with Conrad. Blue Books are valueless as soon as they are published. The completed auctions at gunbroker.com are a much better indicator of market prices for guns.

·
Super Moderator
19,364 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee. Gald you're here, and I hope to see those photos soon.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Premium Member
10,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You've already received some good advice, and especially on getting a copy of Jerry Kuhnhausen's book if you're interested in details of the Smith and Wesson action.

You have some of the finest revolvers ever made.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Welcome from Central Ga. Great bunch of folks here. Look forward to seeing the pics. I will add my free 2 cents and say you should buy the Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson. Lots of good data on models, dates, production, variances etc. as well as some wallet emptying pictures. Available in several formats.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Hi SFCamry,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Welcome from N. Florida!

·
Registered
17,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Georgia. Look forward to the pictures.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
You all are awesome, thanks for the welcomes and good advice. Glad I found this forum. I will have pics up by the weekend. I’ll have other gun pics in the appropriate threads since I have something like 5 S&W revolvers, 2 Glocks, a few odd ball silly derringer types, and a bunch of rifles/shotguns.

LATER....

Went ahead and took a snap of my revolvers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts