Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, there's a bit of buzz about the new SA .22LR revolver by Ruger, the Wrangler. It's similar to the Heritage Arms SA's, but with the fit and finish you'd expect from Ruger. Comes in at around $200.00, or even less. Review by Jeff at gunblast.com …. https://youtu.be/kwinwnZlmDw …………………..anyone bought one of these newfangled pieces of shootin' iron?

· Registered
5,772 Posts
I am not to interested in the gun, but am glad to see Jeff is doing reviews! Last I read he was pretty much near death?

I don't have Facebook, but does anyone know about his current health??

Jeff is a really nice guy and I like his reviews!

· Registered
404 Posts
I think they made this gun to compete with the Heritage Rough Rider and it will perform that job very well. However, I think it will have an even greater impact on the sales of their Single Six. Why would someone want to spend much more money for a Single Six when they can buy a similar gun of the same brand for under half the price? I wanted a Single Six when I bought my Rough Rider but there was no way I was going to spend two or three times the cost of the Rough Rider to get the Ruger name.

· Registered
3,587 Posts
I think they made this gun to compete with the Heritage Rough Rider and it will perform that job very well. However, I think it will have an even greater impact on the sales of their Single Six. Why would someone want to spend much more money for a Single Six when they can buy a similar gun of the same brand for under half the price? I wanted a Single Six when I bought my Rough Rider but there was no way I was going to spend two or three times the cost of the Rough Rider to get the Ruger name.
BECAUSE....You're getting a more refined steel gun(aluminum grip frame) with adjustable sights. Not many guns shoot to point of aim. Buy the way. The SS is worth 3 times what a heritage cost.

· Registered
404 Posts
BECAUSE....You're getting a more refined steel gun(aluminum grip frame) with adjustable sights. Not many guns shoot to point of aim. Buy the way. The SS is worth 3 times what a heritage cost.
You can buy a Rough Rider with a steel frame if you want one and you can buy a Rough Rider with adjustable sights if you want one. Those are just not the ones you see for a little over $100. Besides, in a 22, the frame on a regular Rough Rider will last longer than you or your children will live. I had 2 Zamac framed 38 caliber revolvers from the 60s and early 70s that were as tight and solid as they were when new.

· Registered
2,557 Posts
I was hoping they would've went with a .222 bore size, instead of .224.
It doesn't make sense to me, since they aren't chambered for .22WMR.

Reactions: lawdog and jeepnut

· Registered
23,304 Posts

Since they only make .224 barrels anymore for all their rimfires re-tooling for one model would add to the cost considerably & destroy the whole low price concept. Their .224 barrels shoot pretty well & since this isn't a match gun it's just not gonna happen.

· Registered
24,068 Posts
I have heard rumors that is down the Pike. Maybe just saving on machining now or going to make it a retrofit.

· Premium Member
2,729 Posts
I know this is sort of old, but I've been away. I don't have one of the new Wranglers but I have looked at one. I thought it was about what I expected. It was right at $200.00 at my dealer. I don't care too much for S/A revolvers at all, and 22 S/A's even less, or I might have picked one up. That and I don't care for unfluted cylinders. BUT...If I still bummed around in the woods, it would be just about perfect.

· Registered
4,071 Posts
Bought one this summer and I'm very pleased with it. Paid a little under $225 at Bass Pro in Harrisburg, Pa. That's at least 1/2 the price of a used Single Six and I've come to the conclusion that I don't need adjustable sights for what I do with a SA 22. Nor do I need a 22 Mag. I also prefer the transfer bar over the Heritage safety.
It's a handy little revolver and as accurate as I can be. ;)

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts