Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you own or shoot the Ruger SR9? A friend has one for sale and it looks great and feels really nice in my hand. I have some high-end 9 mm so this would just be something fun at the range and for my daughter's smaller hands. To be honest the low price even new makes me nervous but Ruger is known for building a good value product. I have several of their 22 semi automatics and several of their rifles and I have no complaints. Go on the internet and look up any gun and you can find people who love them and hate them so I'm just looking for some first-hand experiences from guys who I know.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I have the SR9c. Love it. Don’t leave home without it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. The temptation grows now. Guns in the sub $400 Can ($300 US!) are hard to resist. It somehow has a modern PPK vibe to me, don't know why. Wish we were allowed the SR9C!!

·
Registered
30,038 Posts
You will be happy with the SR9. I also have the SR9c and it's a great semi auto. Was my EDC before i picked up my 66.

Reactions: Brassmonkey

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well lads (and lasses) - the deal is done! Stoked. This is Canada so it will be two weeks or more to get it transferred to me and into my hands, so stand by.

Thanks for the input! Can't wait to try it out. Maybe a comparison review. SR9/Walther PPQ/Glock19. The plastic fantastic.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
My SR9 was initially plagued by light primer strikes with certain ammunition when I first acquired it - most notably that WWB 124gr “NATO” stuff. It ran fine on most everything else, including my progressive press reloads. I sent it back to Ruger and they “did something to it” that cured the problem and returned it promptly. The repair ticket was non-specific but I could see that the chamber and feed ramp had been polished and the loaded chamber indicator had been replaced.
If you Google “Ruger SR9 light primer strikes” you will discover that many other owners have had this same issue - enough customers for several outfits to offer aftermarket striker parts. Galloway Precision offers extra-strength striker springs and stainless steel striker spring indicators. I’ll probably install both of those in mine soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts