Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this old ruger off armslist a couple of weeks ago. The old gun had suffered some pretty rough treatment.
I cleaned it up some and got rid of most of the rust & pitting. I already had the grips. I'd bought them for my 41
mag Redhawk. They won't fit the old redhawk frame so I had to buy me a security six that they would fit. Here's what it looks like now.
Cliff image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Good job bringing new life to an old shooter. I bet it still shoots great. Looks good but looks ain’t everything.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I bought this old ruger off armslist a couple of weeks ago. The old gun had suffered some pretty rough treatment.
I cleaned it up some and got rid of most of the rust & pitting. I already had the grips. I'd bought them for my 41
mag Redhawk. They won't fit the old redhawk frame so I had to buy me a security six that they would fit. Here's what it looks like now.
Cliff View attachment 445953
But were is the BEFORE pictures??:D

·
Registered
423 Posts
I carried a Ruger SS for years as an LEO and consider them to be among the best. I always thought, when I let one go, that I'd be able to get another...until I couldn't. Enjoy that guy; he deserves to be active.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Feel alittle sad because my best bud (since we were 4, served in the Marine Corps together) was locking for a 357 so I lent him a dan wesson 14 and my speed 6. He really wants the speed 6. I told he can have it for what I payed for it $400. Good thing I have only one bud that is more of a brother than my blood brothers. Oh guess we are blood brothers as we cut our hands and bleed together. 20191122_120312.jpg 20191122_120324.jpg Now I looking again.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hard to beat an old Security Six. I have a 4" blue from the mid 70's that Jim Clark, Sr. did an action job on. It is one fine old shooter!!

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
What I've never owned is a Service Six model; Square Butt, fixed sights intended for police carry. Hopefully I'll stumble upon one and finish up my "Six" series collection.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
The cosmetics might be suffering, but I bet the internals are in good shape. Those Rugers are built like a bank vault! My EDC is a Speed-Six. Dependable! Not better than my Smiths, just different strengths. Hank

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Rugged Reliable Ruger Revolvers. Can't break them Can't beat them. The absolute TIMEX of the Revolver World. Enjoy. your great great grandchildres will pass it on to your Great Great Great grand children !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts