Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed it up a bit yesterday and went back to long gun work. A year ago I won a Ruger Precision Rifle and shamefully had not shot it yet, pandemic and all. Fixed that yesterday and had a blast. It's just 22lr, so cheap to shoot all day.

Started out at 50 yards to sight in the scope and break in the barrel. Trigger is fantastic. Grip and all the ergo stuff is fully adjustable. Stock looks a bit cheesy but it's not plastic, it's a fibre injected resin. Works well. Took the Harris bipod off my Colt AR (now banned by Trudeau). Working from a wooden bench it's a sturdy little machine. Lend forward on the bipod a bit and it's in place.

Now I realize that people really into long distance/precision spend six times the amount this costs (maybe I have just over a grand in this with the scope and bipod if I'd bought it) but for what it is as a fun 100 yards target piece I really enjoyed it. And I could shot it fatigue free all day.

The target pictured is only at 68 yards, so it's nothing to jump up and down about but a 1 1/2 inch group from a gun like that is pretty good for the money. Seemed so far away after hand gun work at 15 yards!

Right after I had it dialed the Corrections Officers who rent the long distance range were leaving for the day and the guy told me to move into their rental range and it was mine for a bit. So I was all alone in there for an hour which was so peaceful with a new gun to try out.

After that I did a quick try out of the short little Colt King Cobra in 38 Special and it also shoots very well. VERY good sights for a revolver. I like it a lot.

It was sunny and ten degrees celcius too, in mid January. Can't ask for more.

As a fun little piece, or a trainer for new shooters using a scope this is a lot of gun for the money.
Gun Machine gun Iron Shooting Air gun
Grass Landscape Soil Grass family Plantation
Carmine Symbol Number Circle Illustration

·
Registered
21,905 Posts
That is one nice rifle and the cost even makes it better.. That is a nice grouping. I have been impressed with the Bucket of Bullets I picked up last spring. Grandson gets a 1" ragged hole at 125 yards with his H&R Model 12. The Eley are good and is the CCI 1000 fps? A lot of those super accurate rifles like the subsonic ammo, not sure about the Ruger.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Hey Brass,

What a fine looking RUGER!

Shoots pretty good too..... OUTSTANDING!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
That is one nice rifle and the cost even makes it better.. That is a nice grouping. I have been impressed with the Bucket of Bullets I picked up last spring. Grandson gets a 1" ragged hole at 125 yards with his H&R Model 12. The Eley are good and is the CCI 1000 fps? A lot of those super accurate rifles like the subsonic ammo, not sure about the Ruger.

I still have boxes of the not so premium 22 lr. Rem Bucket, Thunderbolts and all those kinds. I have no problems with them. Shooting 22 lr at the range is just fun shooting, I do not need ammo that costs $1.00 a round. I have a few rifles and pistols that are better than average, but do not need to get all crazy with the ammo.

Heck over on RimFire they are absolutely rabid about ammo, and it comes down to some guns like this some like that.. I am not winning any money or trophies,

·
Registered
31,533 Posts
Glad you were able to get out and enjoy some range time. Nice shooting and you have a nice set up for that rifle. Thanks for the report.

Reactions: Brassmonkey
1 - 15 of 15 Posts