Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Ruger & Lipsey's Now its here!!!!! With Pic's

4K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Leighton 
#1 ·
Well as some know, I've wanted one of those new .44spl. Flattops, and have had one on order since the begining. Well it just never showed, as I watched folks from all over the US get theirs, and some shops getting more than they needed so they could post them on GunBroker for lots more. So the other day I went to Rugers site and posted a letter to their CEO about this, and that I hoped they would in the future they would make it a regular catalog item. Never expecting an answer. WOW was I surprised to open my email today with two letters, one from Ruger, and the other from Lipsey's, both directly from their CEO's. Ruger aplogizing for this, and the other wanting name, address, and telephone number to my gun store, and what barrel length I wanted. So Ruger just went up a bunch of notches in my book!!!!!!!!! Looks like there is a Flattop in my future!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
Re: Ruger & Lipsey's

Sometimes you can only bite your tongue so much... good for you, maybe an engraved, complimentary Lipsey is in your future??? Wouldn't that be nice!

G
#3 ·

Hope you printed those emails, and your letter, too!

Keep them in the box with the gun when she finally arrives....that'll make a fine story to pass along to the next generations... :)

giz

#7 ·

Today I had a very nice conversation with Lipsey's marketing CEO, was informed on how things were going, and how the issues with the Rugers were being handled. Was also informed mine will be at my dealers by Thursday.

#8 ·

Hope you got your camera's batteries charged, cuz I want to see some pictures!!!

#9 ·

Leighton, you're gonna love your new .44 Special Blackhawk!

I dressed mine up a bit with www.clccustomgrips.com birdseye maple handles from Cary C.

Cary finishes the end of the screw and provides an aluminum spacer that goes between the grips to prevent overtightening:

His fit and finish is amazing. I ordered his Gunfighter grips which are a bit thinner and fit my hands great:

Now I've got a set on my Blackhawk and my Single Six:

-Steve

#14 ·
That Duke style holster sure looks good with the Blackhawk .44 Special snuggled inside. I think your revolver should be nicknamed Triple L. "Lefty Leighton's Lipseys." Say that ten times real fast!

#18 ·
Leighton,
Wendy commented about the good quality of your photos and I will too. I was a product photographer for a few years and I just want to tell you--

I love the photograph of the revolver next to the keyboard, looking down the tube and the cylinder face. The lighting on the cylinder and ammo faces is excellent.

Great shot!
You ought to get that one enlarged, mounted and framed and hang it on the wall of your favorite getaway.

#21 ·
Bob, you would be wise to wait until the 2010 models come out. The Lipsey's Exclusive run was 1000 4 5/8" length and 1000 5 1/2" length. They came out 250 of each per quarter of 2009.

They sold so well (Skeeter always said they would!) that Ruger has them as standard items in their new 2010 catalog.

Dealers were selling them below their $579 suggested retail to good customers. Sometimes as low as $479. On GunBroker, they were selling easily for $600-$675 because they were so hard to find.

You should be able to order one after the first of the year as Ruger will have them as standard.

#23 ·
Wow, for just $479, I'd jump on it! Barrel length is only preference. I like both but I'm happy I got a 4 5/8" because I like how it carries in a holster better.

They were selling on GunBroker for $650 easy and sometimes over $700. People in more rural areas had a hard time finding them so they were willing to pay big bucks.

It would be very interesting if the .44 Special Blackhawk keeps selling. Maybe Ruger will make an aluminum frame version and a stainless steel version!

#26 ·
Leighton, those have got to be the uglies grips I've ever seen. Get them off that revolver and ship them to me immediately. The very idea....... :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.