Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,427 Posts
It's nice to see a thread where the Rugers come out to play...

Get a copy of the book "Bill Ruger and his Guns" for a good overview of the company and philosophy.

I have a number of them too. A Ruger stainless Single Six .22LR / .22WMF single action was my first, many years ago.

I bought one of their space guns, the P94 and it's shoots beautifully.

My only snub is a .357 SP101. Beautiful construction with a unique drop out action.

My Ruger American 9mm pistols (one with and one without safety) are a couple of the best polymer handguns made here in the states.

And a .22 caliber stainless 10/22 carbine rounds out the lot.

After I read Bill Ruger's book, I bought the company's stock. It's been a good and steady investment over several years.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Nice Rugers! We have a number of them here and like them:

Wow, now there's something you don't see everyday, a Mannlicher stocked 10/22, a 10/22 International?

I like!!

·
Super Moderator
32,143 Posts
Wow, now there's something you don't see everyday, a Mannlicher stocked 10/22, a 10/22 International?

I like!!
Thanks! Yes Mannlicher/International? I saw that one a couple of years ago at the local gun shop and with my husband's birthday coming up in a week or so that was his present, he was pleased. The 10/22 was a model that we have always said we were going to get at some point and when I saw the stock which stood out compared with the standard ones I just could resist.

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
3,958 Posts
have a couple - this single seven makes just about every range trip with 32 mag pills i get regularly from local Georgia Arms , and gets almost all of the serious outdoors time with the hotter 327 federal loads..

ruger_ss_01_MED.jpg

there is also a well loved and long carried 1960 22 mag only, 6 1/2" single six that is quite the hoot plinking outdoors, a SR22 wifes house gun, and a on the money scoped international stocked 308. All very nice guns and not going anywhere.

There have been a couple of double action revolvers that didnt make the cut, however - good shooting guns but they couldnt beat out the smiths for shelf space..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts