Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ruger SR22 pistol, purchased in 2014. It comes with 2 magazines. A year or 2 ago, I bought a third magazine. I was changing the base plate and launched a small black plastic part into a black hole in my basement. Over that time while cleaning up and rearranging the basement I have kept an eye out for it, but no luck . Yesterday I decided to call Ruger to see if I could get that piece. It's called the "magazine spring seat". I went through their phone menu system, which wasn't too bad, and ended up on hold due to high call volume. After about 20 minutes my call was answered. I told the lady what I needed. Said I had lost it. She asked for the gun serial number and within a couple minutes asked if it was ok if she just sent me a whole new magazine. I was agreeable and supplied shipping info. She said I should have it in 5 to 7 business days. Total time for call according to my phone was 30 minutes.
That is the first time I have called Ruger customer service and I was very satisfied with the experience.

Registered
I had the same experience with them. I had a MK II that needed an extractor. I called them and they sent me one at no cost. I told them about how much I shot the gun and would be glad to pay for it. No was the response and in a few days it came in. Love Ruger.

Registered
I also have nothing but great things to say about their customer service. They stand behind their product, I've had 2 P series pistols fixed at no charge ( for those who dont know the P series was discontinued over 10 years ago ). They sent me shipping labels and I was never charged, also had work done on 2 original model Vaquero's that are both more than 25 years old at no charge. Very pleasant people who seem to love what they do and it shows

Registered
Ruger probably has the best CS in the business. They rebarrelled a GP100 and blued for NC and had it back to me in about 8 days. I bought a used SP101 with a trigger problem they also fixed NC. The only complaint I've ever heard about Ruger CS is a couple guys having to send it back a second time. They were, in the end, very pleased.

Premium Member
Ruger is a remarkably well run company. An American company to the core - but with some very old world values.

They operate without debt. None. Nada! All investment in their plant and facilities is through retained earnings.

Their technology is innovative, and sound. Early use of metal injection molding and investment casting created some of the strongest firearms in the industry while it reduced waste.

They have established factories across the country. New Hampshire, North Carolina, Arizona, Connecticut.

They have non-firearm related subsidiaries to help tide them over during the valleys of low firearm sales (which are remarkably cyclic).

They do not stock or warehouse finished product. That's all handled by their distributor partners, which means that what they manufacture is immediately sold.

And, they treat their employees and stockholders with respect. They just declared a bonus $5 a share dividend because of accumulating too much earnings.

All this follows core traditions established by Bill Ruger from the start in the late 1940's.

It's worth reading Bill Ruger's 1994 book... "Bill Ruger and his Guns".

Registered
Customer service is great, but their products are...iffy.

A while back, I bought an LC9S, first shot the front sight started spinning like a party favor.

Sent it in and yes, they promptly fixed it, but I would've preferred it not 'have to be fixed' to begin with...

Registered
Like Ruger firearms. Occasionally have had problems. But over 40 years, problems have been extremely few. All were fixed. If I did not have an S&W addiction, I'd own more Rugers. Sincerely. bruce.

Registered
bruce,

No doubt lemons are made everywhere...

I have a spurless, Ruger SP101 .357 Mag I bought new and absolutely love.

Hell, it's a work of art, shoots flawlessly, built like a tank and has never given me a bit of trouble...caveat: It was made (I'm guessing now) 25 years ago, you know, back when quality control was not a thing of the past...

Registered
What's one sign that a company makes good products?

When you call and get right through to customer service because no one else is calling them..

Registered
Ruger has always been good to me....outstanding. S & W used to be, but when my M-27 yoke broke last Fall they were all but useless. I have since replaced the yoke and bought a Taurus 66. The technician at S & W claimed that my M-27 was "worn out" due to heavy use. All I asked is they replace the yoke...they wanted to also change the barrel, blue it and charge me over $600. I shall never bu a new S & W firearm ever again.

Registered
Ruger has always had great customer service. i have never had a problem with their customer service at all. They do it right. !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts