I have one of those. Nice gun!

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Have had a 10/22 for years. Seems like they can not be worn out

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Great gun. I used to have one just like it. I traded it in, though and bought it's big brother.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Great gun, can't go wrong with one! As I speak, I don't have one since I gave a brand new on to my ex-brother-in-law for him helping me with my sister. He had one when I was a kid and always let me use it. I figured I'd pay him back! I'll get another, it's just a matter of time!

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Blackcloud2 said:
Great gun, can't go wrong with one! As I speak, I don't have one since I gave a brand new on to my ex-brother-in-law for him helping me with my sister. He had one when I was a kid and always let me use it. I figured I'd pay him back! I'll get another, it's just a matter of time!
I'll 'PM' you in a week or so, guy at work as an older one he's looking to sell. Haven't seen it or got a $$ figure, but if it's a 'deal' ,I'll let you know.

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
hc_shooter said:
Thanks for the great pics and comments, guys. From what I understand, this design has basically remained unchanged since 1964 or so. I know they have a great reputation, as also evidenced by comments here.
HC_Shooter, the only ting that has changed on that rifle is that a few years ago they went with a composite material for the trigger group housing (and possibly the receiver, but on that one I am not sure) which some purists have made much disgruntled comments about. However, none have claimed they are any less reliable. I think you will really enjoy that rifle.

I would recommend a couple of mods, though. :mrgreen: If nothing else, an extended mag release. It just makes it so much easier. On mine, I replaced the existing hammer with one from Volquartsen and got a much crisper pull which was a bit lighter as well. I have a few other mods on mine but they are more desire than need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts