Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new scope for my Ruger 10/22. I don't want to spend over $50. Can you reccomend a brand .....do you like a
Simmons .22 Mag Scope? Or maybe a Bushnell? What about power.... 4X or 3X-9X? (Please don't tell me to buy a Leupold. :roll: )

I already have some good B-Square rings mounted on the 10/22....so I don't need rings. I'm also reading some scope reviews on the internet. Bob

BTW, is anybody interested in old scopes??? The Noble 4X is about 60 years old... and moves the crosshairs when you adjust it. :shock: If so, Email me. You can have it for shipping costs.....about $5. :lol:

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dom, I tried a Red Dot for awhile....but went back to a scope. While I advocate low power scopes, I do like some magnification. Maybe 2 1/2x or 4x would do the trick. You need some when smaller critters are your targets. I try shots out to 100 yds., but most are closer. Pretty hard with a Red Dot!!!! :roll: Bob

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well......I bought a Bushnell Sportsman 4x 32 at WALMART and put it on the Ruger. Pretty nice cheap scope ....$30. I'll zero it in today at the range. ;) Bob

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't have to stay at the indoor range very long. I zero'd my Bushnell scope with two shots!!!!! :eek: (We can't shoot outside during school hours. :roll: There's a grade school across the street!) I'm pretty happy with my choice. ;) Bob

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mick......but it was just a fluke. It does not mean thaty I'm completely competent. I usually end up turning the adjustment screws the wrong way, when I'm getting close......so I have to start all over again!! :roll: It can sometimes take .....up to 20-30 rounds!!!! :shock: :lol: Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.