Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the same day as we did the video on reloading a revolver for left handed folks we also wandered over to the rifle range to have a little 100yd fun with both of my RSI's. One is a 10/22RSI an the other a #1RSI in 7X57MM. Here's the results all from a cold bore, no practice runs. My son also shot at the same distance.

·
Super Moderator
19,323 Posts
That's pretty good shootin' my friend. Your son did quite well too. It shows you've taught him well. I really enjoy it when we can see pictures of the kids getting involved with shooting. With your help he'll grow up with the respect and care for shooting that is missing from so many kids these days.

With high regards,
~gregory~

·
Super Moderator
8,947 Posts
A day at the range with your son can't be beat!! Nice shooting!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
What a great way to spend a day.

I hope it's not too much to ask , but where are the pictures of the gun?? :eek:

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Hand loads or factory?
I know the answer but ,, had to ask. What bullet do you like,,, or,, does the barrel like?

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Leighton, Looking at your Son I am guessing he is just like Father? Also left a left hand shooter. Good shooting by both of you.

Ray

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hand loads or factory?
I know the answer but ,, had to ask. What bullet do you like,,, or,, does the barrel like?
Factory, she actually shoots better wit the longer 175gr since she's an older RSI model, but those fired that day were Remington 140's.
The 10/22 shoots nothing but CCI Blazer. I've found it to be the most accurate acros the board in all my .22lr guns.

·
Registered
19,628 Posts
Using good CCI Mini Mags, my Ruger 10/22 is not quite as accurate as my Savage MK.1 bolt action.......but it's very close! :eek:
I have found that, using the better class of .22 ammo gives more accurate results. No reason to buy the cheap stuff, which is less accurate. It's not as expensive as .22 target ammo, but I ain't THAT cheap. The only reason that I see for using the cheap stuff.....is when you want to burn lots of ammo.....like with an AR type of rifle, or handgun. Bob

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Very nice guns .. thanks for posting both the pictures and some of the setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts