Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of my wife brought one of these over so I started researching. Someone posted an auction at an Arizona auction house so I now own one. They were made in 22 short, long, and magnum but it simply says 22 on the barrel. I've shot 22lr out of it with no issues but how would I know if it's possibly the 22 mag version?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Simple - if the .22 magnum round fits all the way in, it is likely the magnum. The barrel should be just smaller in diameter than the casing, so a barrel bored for the .22LR will not allow the .22mag to slide all the way in.... unless it is pretty badly worn. If the rifling looks good at the breech end, then test-fitting the round should be a definitive test.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
1,844 Posts
This one was purchased around 1900 by a Brazilian family. It was given to their son who was a doctor. He used it to kill a mugger. He gave it to a Navy Corpsman (Medic) stationed in Brazil in the early 1950s.

My friend joined the Navy in 1932 as a Pharmacist's Mate and retired in 1956 as a Warrant Officer Physician's Assistant. He island hopped with the Marines during WWII and served in Korea with the Marines.

My friend gave me this gun just before he died at ninety-six. It is a .32 Rossi caliber.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
awesome looking guns and Lima ... some very cool history on that one!!!

Can both triggers be actuated at the same time or is it one trigger than the other?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.