Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Romanian 22 training rifle at the perfect price

I stopped in at local Pawn shop (4 blocks from house) as the owner wanted my input on some prices on guns he had just got. Well this one showed up and is an ICM2 from Romania in 1984 when they were still Communist controlled. I inspected it and found the barrel had six small holes drilled through it. These holes were to make it unable to shoot. So he gave me the rifle for parts. I have found a barrel on Numrich so am in process of ordering that. The bolt and sights and stock seem to be in great shape. Did inspect closely and no wholes or anything in receiver. The magazine operates freely and all else seems to be good on it. So will get restored will post a range trip. To me, it does look like a Soviet Bloc type rifle. All function and no frills.
thumbnail1.jpg
thumbnail3.jpg
thumbnail5.jpg
thumbnai2.jpg
thumbnai4l.jpg

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
How bizarre. Why would someone do that?

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How bizarre. Why would someone do that?
I have seen this in Europe before to make the gun unusable and just a wall hanger. Some practices are strange and impractical to me as replace the barrel and voila, a working gun unregistered. However I did fill out the 4473 for it to protect my friend.
Chattanoogaphil, that does make sense but can see in the stock, a rubber liner that was eaten away and the wood stock blackened in that area. The ones I mentioned as disabled were semis.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good that you found a replacement barrel! However, you could have welded up the holes, relined and reblued the original barrel. Anyway, nice to see an old trooper saved to speak another day! Good on you!

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good that you found a replacement barrel! However, you could have welded up the holes, relined and reblued the original barrel. Anyway, nice to see an old trooper saved to speak another day! Good on you!
Barrel is 58.00 and looked into relining but any quality work is about 150.00 and over a year to wait.So for a shooter the replacement barrel was the best option.

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts