Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got over to the range with my new Rock Island Arms, Model 200, in 38 Special. Quick review. Medium frame, six shot, 38 Special revolver, 4" barrel, fixed sights, plastic finger-groove round butt stocks.

RIA1.jpg

Short version. It works. About 50 rounds of my reloads. I had one misfire that fired on the second try. Primer most likely wasn't seated deeply enough. That was the only problem.

Now, I'm a lousy shot, so I don't take pictures of my targets. I'm always in a hurry to get them off the line before the ten year old kid shooting next to me notices it, but I didn't shoot this one any worse than I do my other guns.

Trigger is nice. Really nice for a $215 gun. The grips handle the massive recoil of my 38 reloads well. ;)

It's not bad for two hundred bucks.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Thanks for the range report. I don't recall seeing any complaints about the Rock Island revolvers online. Heck I think I have seen more bad reports on S&W and Ruger in the past 6 months than I have on these since they came out

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I consider it to be a good range trip when they say “Ya’ll come back now “‘as I’m heading out.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have cosidered that gun a number of times. Its hard to ignore the price snd I have had 3 1911's from Rock Island and they were all that and a bag of chips .... except for the finish. If you look to closely at the gun and your eyelash brushes against it you damage the finish. But ... for the price of that revo I would be alright with a tear down, some mark lee and a couple hours or just let it develop its own "patina"

·
Registered
19,668 Posts
Thanks for the report! Good to know how the revolver functions if one is considering it as an option for self defense.:)

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the range report. I don't recall seeing any complaints about the Rock Island revolvers online. Heck I think I have seen more bad reports on S&W and Ruger in the past 6 months than I have on these since they came out
The only complaints I've seen about it came from the "It's cheap, it has to be junk" crowd. There are a number of favorable video's on U-tube, including one by Hickock 45, my go to guy for gun video's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts