Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week before Christmas we had to put down our Pug. My wife has been lost without her. We started scouring the internet to find another one. There are tons of scammers out there claiming to have just the pup you are looking for. We ran into over a dozen of them. They universally wanted a deposit ($150-200) and it had to be paid via PayPal friends & family or some other obscure cash app without fraud protection. Had 2 or 3 give me an address where the dog was located, that when I googled it, came up as property for sale. Had one that used a halfway house address. Finally I told my wife to have them supply a photo of the pup next to a piece of paper with her name and the current date written on it for verification that they actually have a dog.
Last weekend she saw an ad on an online classified ads page for pug puppies, ready on Jan 6. Everything checked out so we are in a hotel in Chambersburg, PA. We pick up the puppy in the morning around 11:30.
Dog Dog breed Pug Carnivore Toy dog

Her name will be Paisley

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Nice pupper. No more for us, just cats now (have I said before I dislike cats.....) Amy and I have had all the heartbreak with loosing pups that we can take. I can loose cats no issue, they are different.

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Hey Jonesy,

That is a Beautiful Pup!

Hope she brightens your lives for the years to come.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Did that lil' fella come with a black suit and tie? 😉
I don't know what I'd do without a dog around the house. Over the years the wife and I have shared our home with a Sheppard, two Labs, a beagle, and now play host to a Yorkie, Yorkie poo and a Dachshund. And we've recently been adopted by a calico cat. The cat tolerates us, but the dogs have all adored us.
John

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Hey Jonesy!

She is such an ADORABLE little GIRL!

Oh! Good for you & the Mrs!

Spoil her ROTTEN! LOL

Later, Mark

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
One of my friend's mothers always had a pug. In fact, one time when one died she went all the way to England to get a replacement. Pennsylvania is a lot easier!

Another friend of mine had a pug that she absolutely adored. She said the dog's breath always smelled like chicken soup......that was high praise, I think.

They are cute, for sure, as puppies and as adults too. And THE LOOK on your wife's face holding that pup on the way home was truly priceless!

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One of my friend's mothers always had a pug. In fact, one time when one died she went all the way to England to get a replacement. Pennsylvania is a lot easier!

Another friend of mine had a pug that she absolutely adored. She said the dog's breath always smelled like chicken soup......that was high praise, I think.

They are cute, for sure, as puppies and as adults too. And THE LOOK on your wife's face holding that pup on the way home was truly priceless!
My wife was lost after Bella died, so we went on the hunt. Ran into a lot of scammers along the way but in the end we got a keeper

1 - 20 of 20 Posts