Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about upgrading the trigger on my S&W M&P 15-22 sport rifle.. looking for feedback on a Rise Armament RA-140 Super Sporting Trigger.. anyone has any experience with this trigger … advise/suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

tia

UPDATE --- installed A Rise Armament RA-140 trigger in my S&W M&P 15-22... it works... GREAT !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OOPS .. spoke too soon... started getting light strikes with the Rise Armament RA140 in my S&W M&P 15-22 .. the light strikes are causing FTF's . there is almost no mark on the bottom of the 22 cartridge... .. sending it to Rise for evaluation.. will keep everyone posted..

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
I have RA-140's in 3 of my AR's and have never had any problems at all. Never a mis-fire or light strike. I have a Geissele SSA-E trigger in one of my custom precision rifle builds, and I honestly like the Rise RA-140 on my other rifles better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a RA-140 in an AR-15 and it has been great.

If you tighten the screws that take out the play in the trigger assembly too much it can cause problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when I installed the RA140 I snugged those screws up.. had light strikes... so I loosened them 5 degrees... 10 degrees and 15 degrees... still had light strikes.. so I contacted Rise Armament ..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a RA-140 in an AR-15 and it has been great.

If you tighten the screws that take out the play in the trigger assembly too much it can cause problems.
If it were me I'd install a Larue MBT, I feel it a better trigger than the RA drop ins.. IMO.. The Larue triggers are still $80 plus ship so it's $$ well spent..

·
Registered
81 Posts
If it were me I'd install a Larue MBT, I feel it a better trigger than the RA drop ins.. IMO.. The Larue triggers are still $80 plus ship so it's $$ well spent..
I have a LaRue MBT in a range rifle. It is a great trigger especially for the price.

I use the RA for a HD/SD set up because it has a little heavier pull than the second stage of the LaRue trigger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rise Armament said they will replace my trigger (RA140) ... they also stated they would ship me a new one out pronto... STILL WAITING FOR IT .. !!! :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts