Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey S&W,

Sad week here. We lost Snowball (aka Miss Special) to a stroke on Tuesday, two weeks before her 11th Birthday. :'( (bring on the beach towel) :'( Miss Special was my Bride's first Champion.

At the Vet's Office, he told her that Snowball's "brother/litter mate" Harley had passed two weeks before Christmas :'( ... He had brought joy to a Widower for the last few years of his (Harley's) life. Rode around in the Man's convertible, and brightened everyone's life at his place of business. :cool:

Snowball (at our home alone) is survived by her daughter Patch Attack, "thrice" great granddaughter Miss Pinky and her great granddaughter Trip'n Hazard.

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
Mark,
Sorry to hear the news about Snowball. My condolences as well.

Later,
Curt

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
12,723 Posts
Sorry for your lost. I lost my male Bearded Collie in September.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Our pets are an important part of our family. It is a very tough day when one passes.

I feel for ya man. I truly do.

We lost 3 last year. I don't ever want to go thru that again.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
So sorry to hear about snowball. They bring us so much joy and when they leave life is just empty. Try to think about the good times and it will get better as the days go on but I know you will always miss them. John

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Sorry for you loss mate, they leave a footprint on our heart.

rainbow.jpg

thewelshm

·
Registered
351 Posts
When my boy Thomas (a grey Maine **** cat) passed awhile ago, I was provided this following story. I took comfort in it. Perhaps you will, too.
Just this side of heaven’s a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that’s been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There’s plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You’ve been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge – together forever....
Author unknown...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I didn’t intend to be repetitious, but when I sent my message, I hadn’t seen the previous message from Thewelshm. Sorry about that. You know, we enter into the relationship with animals because they enrich our lives so much, and they only want to be loved and cared for, in return which they give us unconditional love. We also enter into these relationships knowing full well that we most likely we’ll outlive our animal friend. But, we keep doing this. Why??? Because we benefit from the relationship as much, but most likely – much more, than they do. Regards to you . . .

·
Super Moderator
34,470 Posts
Sad news to hear about the loss of Snowball, your four footed furry buddy and family member...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts