Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have and like Mod. 34 or Mod. 43 revolvers? I am looking at those two models and a Model 18 as my next purchase. The 34 and 43 don't seem to show up very often in the gun shops. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I like all S&W .22s - revolvers and autos.

Even though the barrel lengths are the same, the M-34 and M-18 handle very differently - particularly if the M-34 has a round butt. One of each would be nice! :D I got a RB M-34 to use as cheap DA practice for my M-36.

Here is an early "Kit Gun" - from before the M-34 designation - that turned up around here recently:

P.S. Welcome to the S&W Forum! Ask lots of questions and post lots of photos! Hopefully, some others will chime in, too!

xtm

·
Registered
570 Posts
the 34's are nice,, i have an early one too,, (not as early as xtimberman , dangit) the only problem i have with them is the size of the grips,, they are just too small,, some people throw a set of "J" frame targets on them.. that helps unless your "ham handed" like i am, (factory "N" frame stocks seem to fit me perfectly b.t.y.") the 18 being a "K" frame has better stocks and is more likely to fit the average person..
anyhow, heres a pic of mine,,

theres more pic's of it in the classifieds.. :roll:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I like 'em both. However, I prefer the Model 18 due to its weight. I can control it much better when out stomping around in the chaparral & mesquite. It steadies down quick and I can get off a faster first shot.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have my pre 34 configured the same as kritter and I like it that way best. I like both the model 18 and the 34. I would get the 34 first, and then the 18. The 34 goes out in the woods with me all the time. I'm looking all the time for a 2" 34.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts