Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
bought from Ebay Camillus JR Trapper Rimfire Classic 1993 cleaned it up with Never Dull , etching on blade is ok just looks faded in photo. I've taken an interest in pockets knives from looking up info on my dads CASE knives , joined All About Pocket Knives forum very interesting.
0923191710.jpg 0923191743.jpg 0923191746.jpg

Registered
Pocket knives are extremely addictive. I went out of business on them almost 10 years ago. I sold 60, kept a very few, and I try to stay away from them!
That's a dandy for sure.

Registered
Nice looking knife.

I make a living by sharpening knives and other items. Frequently, I will be asked to sharpen collectible knives. I remind the owners that to retain collector value, the factory edge should not be touched.

You have a good looking trapper. That style was one of my Pop鈥檚 favorites.

Kevin

Registered
That's a nice looking Trapper. I had a collection of about 35 Case knives I had to sell off during a tough time. That's ok though, since I have replaced them with a firearms conglomeration.

Registered
Close to the last of the breed.
Gone are the days of HIGH quality American made utility pocket knives . Sure Case is still around but Guys collect Case ,, they seldom use them. Nowadays we get foreign made knives with very nice handles and mediocre blades .
1993 is about when Camillus was making the second generation of the Remington Bullet series for Remington that probably inspired your knife . Bet they made 30 different styles for under 20 bucks. Purpose driven styles and designs are gone and we are left with the omnipresent tactical design for every thing. More interest is paid to how fast they open than to how or if they cut.
There was a time you could pretty much tell a fella's trade or activity by what style of pocket knife he carried. Your Rimfire Trapper excelled at caping and skinning small game.

Reactions: jb59
1 - 8 of 8 Posts