Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting on an other forum about the accuracy of cci mini mags,I decided to measure the rim thickness of cci standard vel and mini mags. I have a rim thickness Gage put out by Border barrels ltd. The cci standard was extremely uniform, the mini mags were all over the map. When my son shot 3p competition I would spend hours sorting ammo by rim thickness and weight. The mini mags are a great hunting round but they have no place in competition. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a rim thickness gauge made by Neil Jones. I have had some success shooting the ammo I have sorted, but not as much improvement as I had hoped.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
And here I thought there was nothin' new under the sun. Never heard of such a thing. Makes sense, though. Some folks can get mighty persnickity about some things. Especially if they think it'll give 'em an edge in competition. I'll have to check that out, not that I give a rat's patooty, but the next time it comes up in conversation, I'll know what the Hell's goin' on. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
QC, While it might make a difference to a competive Bullseye shooter, for me, CCI MiniMags do the job flawlessly. They're great for my casual target shooting, plinking, and some hunting. (I generally carry a shotgun.......not that I'm great with them. :roll: I figure , with about 200 pellets.......one of them has to hit something!!!! :lol: )

I used to shoot with Jack Sv, a former member......many of the us (gaseous) old timers knew him. For his daily casual target shooting, he liked CCI Std. Velocity .22's in his S&W M-41. For me.......it don't make any difference!!! hpnpap The fact that I shoot a M-17.......is the only reason that I can hit the target!!! :lol: Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts