Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup. That's the actual Bloomberg headline. Home searches to be carried out, cars with NY plates being stopped without probable cause on border roads...it's almost like someone is trying to get a cop or a guardsman shot, because that's exactly what's going to happen if this nonsense keeps being escalated by elected morons. And using the Guard to do house-to-house searches is definitely an escalation. How long will it be until we start hearing about or seeing Waco-style standoffs?

The local ACLU is apparently going batsh*t crazy over this..

Rhode Island police began stopping cars with New York plates Friday. On Saturday, the National Guard will help them conduct house-to-house searches to find people who traveled from New York and demand 14 days of self-quarantine.

“Right now we have a pinpointed risk,” Governor Gina Raimondo said. “That risk is called New York City.”
National Guard members will be stationed at the T.F. Green airport, Amtrak train stations and at bus stops. The citizen-soldiers will be following up with people at local residences. The maximum penalty for not complying: a fine of $500 and 90 days in prison.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-27/rhode-island-police-to-hunt-down-new-yorkers-seeking-refuge

·
Registered
141 Posts
We have a problem with'em down here as well. Pandemic or no pandemic. It's like a disease. New Yorkers invariably come to Flahridda...to ESCAPE the SH**hole they've been living in, then proceed to tell us Floridians "how they did it in New Yawk", and do everything possible to make Florida over into the nightmare they fled.
Now...we have a serious issue in their "paradise on the Hudson"...and they RUN. Showing up all over the country to ESCAPE Comrades DeBlasio and Cuomo.
Pathetic.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
I don't blame a man for wanting to keep his family as safe as possible and fleeing the epicenter of this corona outbreak. On other hand, I don't blame a man for wanting to keep his family as safe as possible away from those fleeing the epicenter who are possible carriers. This outbreak needs to start leveling off else these type of heavy-handed government actions will escalate.

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
Nothing wrong with running away. Just quarantine yourself and family once you get to where you are going.

·
Registered
240 Posts
We have a problem with'em down here as well. Pandemic or no pandemic. It's like a disease. New Yorkers invariably come to Flahridda...to ESCAPE the SH**hole they've been living in, then proceed to tell us Floridians "how they did it in New Yawk", and do everything possible to make Florida over into the nightmare they fled.
Now...we have a serious issue in their "paradise on the Hudson"...and they RUN. Showing up all over the country to ESCAPE Comrades DeBlasio and Cuomo.
Pathetic.
AMENNNNNNNNNN! I could not hit the LIKE button fifty times, so add 'em in here!

·
Registered
428 Posts
We have 14 of them holed up at an estate 3/4 of a mile from me for a "natural retreat" . They are there to destress and detoxify, both physically and mentally, from the stresses of living in New York. They sneaked in just as Gov Abbot issued his Declaration that all travelers from New York or New Orleans have to self quarantine for 14 days. They have already been visited by the Texas DPS and told to stay put while they seek clarification from the Gov's office on their status under the Declaration. The County Sheriff has also been bye there for what he called a "Come to Jesus " meeting just so they understood their position.

Usually when they hold these retreats you don't actually see them except in the morning and evening when they are out exercising, walking the roads.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Since I live in the Allegheny National forest area of PA, there are quite a few camps in the area. Many of them are from Pittsburgh which is about 120 miles SW of us. A few days ago there were 54 cases of the virus in the Pittsburgh area, and none in my county or neighboring counties. Quite a few of the camp owners have decided to come up here in the country to ride this out. I am not happy about that. That is exactly how this crap spreads around the country. Stay freakin home!.... and yes, if our town called for volunteers to man a blockaid to keep out of towners away, I would sign up

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
We have 14 of them holed up at an estate 3/4 of a mile from me for a "natural retreat" . They are there to destress and detoxify, both physically and mentally, from the stresses of living in New York. They sneaked in just as Gov Abbot issued his Declaration that all travelers from New York or New Orleans have to self quarantine for 14 days. They have already been visited by the Texas DPS and told to stay put while they seek clarification from the Gov's office on their status under the Declaration. The County Sheriff has also been bye there for what he called a "Come to Jesus " meeting just so they understood their position.

Usually when they hold these retreats you don't actually see them except in the morning and evening when they are out exercising, walking the roads.

South Africa has taken to using rubber bullets for folks walking the streets. Hope our folks are taking notes.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Trump just said he's considering an enforceable quarantine for parts of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

As Trump put it- “because they’re having problems down in Florida, a lot of New Yorkers going down, we don’t want that.”

Cuomo is not happy.

----

This is where martial law begins....

·
Registered
718 Posts
it's almost like someone is trying to get a cop or a guardsman shot, because that's exactly what's going to happen if this nonsense keeps being escalated by elected morons.
I think she (the Gov) is doing the right thing--amazing for a liberal Dem. Maybe (but I doubt it) it will cause her to think differently about our southern border. But what's nonsense is suggesting "someone is trying to get a cop or a guardsman shot." Isn't there enough crazy hyperbole on the TV news?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think she (the Gov) is doing the right thing--amazing for a liberal Dem. Maybe (but I doubt it) it will cause her to think differently about our southern border. But what's nonsense is suggesting "someone is trying to get a cop or a guardsman shot." Isn't there enough crazy hyperbole on the TV news?
Depends on your point of view. People wind up shot in this country for much dumber reasons, and not when they're on edge like now. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't make it hyperbole.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't care what Cuomo thinks or if he is happy or not. He has not taken control and they are fleeing to Florida in bunches making the spreading of the virus worse. He has a big mouth but nothing to show for it. The Florida Governor has ask the FHP to stop cars coming into the state with NY, NJ and LA. Also any showing up form there at the airport are going straight to 14 day quarantine. I support him 100%. Stay your rear at home as you have been ask to do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts