Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. It’s TV. I’ve been watching old reruns of the Untouchables. Without fail at some point a bad guy will pull out a revolver that has a long suppressor attached. I’ve always been told that was a waste of time on a wheel because of gas escaping between the cylinder and forcing cone. Cane anyone refer me to any authoritative information on the topic.
thanks.

·
Registered
26,098 Posts

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I met a fellow police instructor at a class and he was from a former Iron Curtain nation and told me that his favorite revolver was a Russian 7.62 Nagant gas check that he had a special Suppressor and he told me that it did work. I did not see it as were both in a training session but I do believe that it would to some point. but I know that suppressors are not like you see in the movies. SILENT? No Way!

Reactions: combat

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
The cylinder gap will allow noise to escape But a can on the end of the revolver will dampen some of the sound. but no all. certainly wont work as good as an auto pistol with sub sonic rounds ,,

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Yes series guy, the Nagant cylinder gap is blocked when the revolver is fired. Thus making it possible to have a suppressor to work better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts