Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This spring our club bought a Texas Star so that we could work on our speed shooting proficiency. So I bought a 9mm semi auto as it seemed like the weapon of choice. After a few weeks of misery I borrowed a Model 929 from a fellow shooter to try. I had done the action for him when he bought it. Anyway first time shooting it I beat any of my previous attempts by a substantial margin. So fate smiled upon me and the very next week there was a 929 on armslist for a good price and it was local. So I owned it that same day. With a little action work I was ready to rock. It wasn't hard to better my semi auto times and through the summer my times greatly improved much like all the other shooters. So my best time all summer was 3.28 seconds. Jerry doesn't need to look over his shoulder but I was pretty darned pleased with that. So at the last shoot of the summer I brought along my 1905 Target Model. It shipped in June of 1940 and has an extremely smooth D/A trigger. My first try was a big fail as I missed twice and with only 6 rounds you're just SOL. But on my second attempt I shot a 3.45 second time. Everybody there had to pass the gun around to see how 5 rounds came out of that old gun so fast. Sure seems to reinforce the idea of practice practice practice. $800 worth of .38 Special ammo might have been a better investment than the 929.........Naaaa that's just crazy talk.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Very nice, sounds like you’re gonna have lots of fun with those!

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
20,514 Posts
Great pair of revolvers! Nice shooting and a lot of fun as well. A 9mm revolver is on my list of items to add to my meager collection.;)

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
While I am NOT a pistolero, I did enjoy practicing on a Texas Star at a gun club I belonged to. If you get a certain pattern that works for you you can certainly keep your time down. 3.45 is awesome, GREAT SHOOTING!

Reactions: jeepnut
1 - 6 of 6 Posts