Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a retired printer having worked in a number of newspapers over 37 years and got into firearms as something to do when I retired. I enjoy the people I have come into contact with and the challenge of trying to master some of the shooting sports.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
With Abby's mom still working, I am busier now than when I was working full time because now I do all of the cooking, cleaning, laundry instead of half; and I farmed out the lawn care to my neighbor

·
Premium Member
9,913 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll enjoy it here. Hopefully, we'll leave our imprint on you!

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Greetings mate, I tried that retirement thing for 4 months. Fixed everything I have and did every honey do. Went back to work, it’s easier:)

Thewelshm

·
Registered
19,502 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!:)

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Greetings mate, I tried that retirement thing for 4 months. Fixed everything I have and did every honey do. Went back to work, it’s easier:)

Thewelshm
You can come up to north FL and redo my kitchen cabinets if you're that bored. Solid wood jobs from 1964....................:D

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
You can come up to north FL and redo my kitchen cabinets if you're that bored. Solid wood jobs from 1964....................:D
You know I could too right:) my favorite projects kitchens baths...and come to think of it...everything else...
Thewelshm

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
Hey J,

Welcome to S&W

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Welcome from another retiree...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your retirement. I am getting ready but when I retire I ain’t going back to work no kind of way. That’s what shootin’ and fishing’s for.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Greeting, and Welcome!!! I completely understand your rationale. I used to build hot-rods/street-rods, but that just got so expensive that a few years ago I finally just threw up my hands and said “no more”. Our foray into firearms was triggered at about that same time by a couple of attempted home invasions, and the state police advising us to get “[sic] a couple of contemporary firearms for self-protection in your home”. So, I’ve “shifted” hobbies. And, it’s been nice, and alot less expensive. You’ll find that most of the people who frequent this site are extremely congenial, open, and friendly. Warmest regards . . .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts