Smith And Wesson Forums banner

restored life at 107 years young

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  Layne12gun 
#1 ·
I had placed this little gun in the beaters as it was fairly beaten up over the years. As seen in first picture it does not have much nickel finish left. I found a Cerakote company (North East Georgia Cerakote, and no affiliation) and took the little gun to him. Well after getting all the desired details settled I left the old girl in good hands. There is still some pitting bust rust has been stopped and she was Cerakoted in a brushed stainless (similar to S&W semis) and I think she looks really good. She shot good before but hopefully the new finish will improve my aim. I am going to pick her up Tuesday and this is picture I got showing me the finish. I added the grips from Engineered Accessories. Originally she had Mother of Pearl grips that were cracked and friend had sold them. I got the little gun without grips at a very good price and the new grips look good.
Before
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Revolver

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

After, more pics after pick up.
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

See less See more
#10 ·
Hey Rodney,

They all did a swell job on your Baby Browning!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut
#11 ·
I had placed this little gun in the beaters as it was fairly beaten up over the years. As seen in first picture it does not have much nickel finish left. I found a Cerakote company (North East Georgia Cerakote, and no affiliation) and took the little gun to him. Well after getting all the desired details settled I left the old girl in good hands. There is still some pitting bust rust has been stopped and she was Cerakoted in a brushed stainless (similar to S&W semis) and I think she looks really good. She shot good before but hopefully the new finish will improve my aim. I am going to pick her up Tuesday and this is picture I got showing me the finish. I added the grips from Engineered Accessories. Originally she had Mother of Pearl grips that were cracked and friend had sold them. I got the little gun without grips at a very good price and the new grips look good.
Before
View attachment 382383
View attachment 382385
After, more pics after pick up.
View attachment 382387
NICE !!!

#15 ·
I bought a Colt 1908 Hammerless .25 Vest Pocket .25 ACP built in 1909. I cleaned it and took it to the range. I put all six rounds in the target at ten yards with two rounds in the black. I thought it was great with the groove for sights. My wife put four of the six rounds in the black. She announced it was her gun now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.