Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm out-of-touch with new literature on the subject, but will start out with a list of must-haves for the Single Shot enthusiast and BPCR shooters.

All of the Single Shot Rifles series by James Grant, but most especially the first one - much detail on all the models and shooting the oddball cartridges:

Gerald Kelver's edited compilation of Maj. Ned Roberts and the Schuetzen Rifle. This is not just about target rifles, but many articles by N.R. on discussing and shooting many of the old single shots, duplex loads, early smokeless gunpowders, some of his correspondence with Roberts in the 1940s, etc.

Any other books by Gerald Kelver on shooting, loading, and acquiring the loading tools for the old single shots:

A nice little publication from The Pioneer Press (Dixie Gun Works) called The Golden Age of Single Shot Rifles:

Some of these books go in and out of print, but generally can be found on the internet aftermarket 'sites like Abebooks.com.

xtm

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm adding a periodical to the list, Black Powder Cartridge Rifles. I've seen reprints of this for sale, but it was originally published 1980-1983, and is full of good information on shooting the old ones - even pinfires.

xtm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts