Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Lyman All American dies and I need a new pin for knocking out the old primer on the resizing die. All of the rest of the parts are there, I just need the new pin. Does Lyman make any for these dies?

·
Registered
570 Posts
hi Dave, do you mean the decapping pin?
if so lyman does make a replacement...if your talking about the pin it's self yes they do break often, might as well get a few for spares they are easy to change, and in a pinch I've used a section of drill bit as a replacement untill the proper pin's arrived.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
As I recall we sold both RCBS and Lyman replacement pins and they were different but not very expensive. I am sure some of the big houses will have them. Midway has package of 10 for 2.49 plus shipping. try your local shop unless you need something else from midway or other mailorder.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If everyone else is out of them, you can always order directly from Lyman.

Lyman pins seem to be the most fragile of all of them - particularly if you don't have the thing screwed down tight and it's able to wobble around.

It's difficult to break a Lee decapping pin - and that is my least-favorite brand of reloading dies... :)

It's always good to keep a supply of spare pins of each brand you use on hand. They never bend or break when you are about to shut down the reloading session - they always break just as you are starting. RCBS even has two sizes - one for small primer holes and one for large.

xtm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts