Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S&WM&P9 (3).jpg In the plethora of surplus M&P's hitting the market, this one turned up. It is wearing Belgian proofs for foreign weapons, similar what we saw previously with more modern revolvers. No hint of any agency markings etc. Welcome home.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Are these coming in through Century Arms? I always find it interesting to know what other countries are using US made arms.

·
Premium Member
12,722 Posts
I bought a repatriated Model 10 a few years ago that came back from Victoria, Australia. It had their distinctive laser scan inventory sticker on it.

Oddly, it didn't have import markings. Apart from the Euro required proof markings, does your M&P have any import proofs? If not, I expect that these pistols and revolvers were leased rather than sold to foreign police agencies. Many of these are in outstanding condition and a great buy.

Model10-11_1ns.jpg

These often have holster wear, but the actions and timing are in great shape.

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The importer of this 9MM, best I can read the discrete marking is B.T.I. of Loveland, CO. The member countries in the International Congress of Proof recognize each others marks. All the S&W revolvers I have seen of the past generation went through Belgium. We are speaking of Western Europe less Britain to the best of my knowledge. I have seen French and German weapons re-proven in Britain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts