Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions or tips to fix/repair magazines for the 15-22. Apparently we've shot enough rounds (about 4000) through two of the magazines to mar or chip at the lips of the magazine. Is there an issue in adding plastic and shaping, does anyone know of a metal cap that can be added? Has anyone else run into this issue? These are the first two magazines that I had (note the middle magazine is new).

Red Auto part

Thanks,

:k

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are they still feeding correctly?

If they are, I would leave them alone. The mags have a limited life and should be replaced when damaged. I understand during these weird times it's a challenge, but it's really the best thing to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are they still feeding correctly?

If they are, I would leave them alone. The mags have a limited life and should be replaced when damaged. I understand during these weird times it's a challenge, but it's really the best thing to do.
That's the problem; the first one is not feeding well at all (you touch the top cartridge and they all come shooting out). The second one is starting to have feeding issues. These are my first polymer magazines, so I did not expect such a short life span.

Anyone know if someone makes a good metal magazine for the 15-22?

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's the problem; the first one is not feeding well at all (you touch the top cartridge and they all come shooting out). The second one is starting to have feeding issues. These are my first polymer magazines, so I did not expect such a short life span.

Anyone know if someone makes a good metal magazine for the 15-22?

Don't know of any metal (or metal lipped) mags. Since the mags are already problematic, a call to S&W customer service wouldn't hurt, maybe they will replace them. (being optimistic) Most they could say is no....

On a side note, I have 15k thru mine and have only used 5 different mags to get there. All are still feeding fine and the lips are still in good shape. That's is why I am suggesting S&W CS, maybe there is a batch the plastic wasn't up to snuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know of any metal (or metal lipped) mags. Since the mags are already problematic, a call to S&W customer service wouldn't hurt, maybe they will replace them. (being optimistic) Most they could say is no....

On a side note, I have 15k thru mine and have only used 5 different mags to get there. All are still feeding fine and the lips are still in good shape. That's is why I am suggesting S&W CS, maybe there is a batch the plastic wasn't up to snuff.
Thank you, it's good to know I should be able to put a lot more through the mags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts