Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Missouri CCW permit for nearly 5 years, so it's time to renew. Actually, Missouri no longer requires one for concealed carry, but now-a-days political winds can change pretty quickly and something tells me it's a good idea to keep the permit active. Renewal is pretty easy compared to getting it initially ... just have to pay a fee (it's all about the Bejamins or in this case the Grants), and show proof of residency. Anyway, I called today and set up my appointment for Sept. 17.

Hector

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
Better to be safe than sorry. Great that your keeping up with the permit because you never know.;)

·
Registered
12,816 Posts
Have to renew mine as well. $125 bucks and a trip to the Courthouse and pay the parking meter too....

·
Premium Member
11,433 Posts
In Iowa it is pretty similar. Down to the County Sheriff, pay the money and good for another five years. Nice plastic card this time. No parking meters and we usually run into a neighbor or two (outside of the cells of course).

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Maine is also Constitutional Carry but I renew for reciprocity and also you have to have a resident permit to carry in Acadia National Park which we visit every year. No rif-raf there, just a bunch of foreigners with cameras.
Did my renewal 2 years ago. $20.00, a new passport photo from Walmart, a fifty cent stamp and I'm good for another 5 years.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Ours is for four years, I also have one from Utah which is good for five. The Utah permit is good in more states than the one from Oregon

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are usually perks to keeping a carry permit.

Mine are reciprocity with other states and NICS bypasses. With an enhanced permit I could carry into many local, county, and state buildings.

·
Registered
19,565 Posts
I need to renew for April 20, but I talked to Police Dept. Monday, and made appoint for Feb. 5 to bring in the form. I'm 70, so there's no charge, at all. Takes about 8 weeks for the State Police to check me out. Then....... I'm good for 5 more years. Pretty easy, here out in Western Mass. fnovnpoakfjdrfirii Bob

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Florida CWFL is good for 8 years.............so I have until 2025.......................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts