Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renewed my NC Concealed Weapon Permit at the County Sherriff's Department, this afternoon. The cost is $75.00 for a period of 5Yrs. The personnel at the Sheriffs Office were and are professional thus helpful in regards to the documentation process. We reside in a rural county that went for Trump in a big way during the last election. I was informed that Raleigh is experiencing a lag time in issuing updated permits but not to worry once your in the system those checking can verify that your permit is being renewed.

If the Sheriffs Department needs to re-photograph you, its another $10.00.

I recall when Concealed Carry Law was enacted those opposed where predicting "Blood In The Streets" which did not occur. We do have shootings but the majority are in minority neighborhoods which is a problem that needs to be resolved.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Just renewed on line in Berks County like Jonesy says $20 and $5 credit card process fee. Up load photo id pay fee and make appointment to pick up new licence since the courthouse is closed to the public. They state that if you are not comfortable with taking mask off for photo that you should delay your renewal.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Renewed my NC Concealed Weapon Permit at the County Sherriff's Department, this afternoon. The cost is $75.00 for a period of 5Yrs. The personnel at the Sheriffs Office were and are professional thus helpful in regards to the documentation process. We reside in a rural county that went for Trump in a big way during the last election. I was informed that Raleigh is experiencing a lag time in issuing updated permits but not to worry once your in the system those checking can verify that your permit is being renewed.

If the Sheriffs Department needs to re-photograph you, its another $10.00.

I recall when Concealed Carry Law was enacted those opposed where predicting "Blood In The Streets" which did not occur. We do have shootings but the majority are in minority neighborhoods which is a problem that needs to be resolved.
Did you mean re-fingerprint? Currently, pursuant to NCGS: 14-415.13(a) its illegal for a Sheriff to photograph a CCW applicant/renewal.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you mean re-fingerprint? Currently, pursuant to NCGS: 14-415.13(a) its illegal for a Sheriff to photograph a CCW applicant/renewal. Yes you are correct I meant re-finger print. Thank you for correcting my error WCCPHD!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Did you mean re-fingerprint? Currently, pursuant to NCGS: 14-415.13(a) its illegal for a Sheriff to photograph a CCW applicant/renewal. Yes you are correct I meant re-finger print. Thank you for correcting my error WCCPHD!
Didn't mean to correct, just inquiring. The demonrats have introduced a bill in the NC General Assembly to require photographs and I was wondering if some Sheriff had taken it on him/herself to start early. I'm quite sure the idiot in Wake would do it IF he thought he could get around it.

Two friends took the concealed carry class Saturday. They went on line and the earliest appointment to be fingerprinted and submit their applications in Wake County (ALL applicants are required to have an appointment) was September 20, 2021. A full SIX Months from now.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,962 Posts
PA carry permit has always been photo ID as long as I have had one
I got my 7th renewal this week. It was $33. I had already submitted to full fingerprints in the previous renewal with my handsome picture. ;)

I got my first one back in the early 1980's at the Sheriff Department when they typed out the License. It was $5 and required a thumb print (I still have it) .

I have had a permit although I have never pointed a loaded gun at anyone. I never hang out in bad places: WDJ:

ATLANTA—Lauren LeNoir had always felt safe on her quiet street in Buckhead, the city’s wealthiest neighborhood, known for its upscale malls and mansions. But that all changed when she was coming home from work one night in January.
The 43-year-old restaurant general manager pulled into her driveway. In an instant, she said, two men were at her car door. One man threw her to the ground, pressed a gun to her head and threatened to blow her head off. In the end, they took off with her purse and cellphone.
“He had no regard for my life,” she said. “They’ve stolen something that I cannot get back, and that is my sense of security.”
Violent crime has been on the rise in many parts of Atlanta since last summer, not just Buckhead. From Jan. 1 to Feb. 20, there were 18 homicides in Atlanta, up 80% compared with the same period last year, according to the Atlanta Police Department. Shooting incidents were up 32% for the same period; robberies, 17%; and aggravated assaults, 47%.

In the police zone that includes Buckhead, robberies were up 40% from the same period last year and aggravated assaults rose 35%. In the police zone that includes the downtown area, aggravated assaults rose 24% and auto thefts rose more than 200%, compared with the same period last year.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,962 Posts
I get it.

I always socialize with old friends that I trust so I rarely need a concealed carry weapon.

I like it so I can point at a gun at a LGS, and then walk out with the gun in 5 minutes. They usually give me a better deal since I have the license (no extra stuff for them).

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
An after thought the Sherriff's Office along with the renewal forms makes a copy of your NC Drivers License and current NC-CHP. Thus they do have photograph of you as it appears on NC Drivers License.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a Pa. concealed carry permit myself. I now live in Maine where there is no permit required to carry. That should be that way in all 50 states! I'm probably going back to Pa. My permit has to be renewed this fall. I hope I get back down there in time! I miss the warmth of Adam's county! Mild winters but scorching summers!

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
$115.00 here in Michigan for 5 years but through the State Police online. Used my old photo for my new one I got last year. Thumb print is required but mine (all of my fingers except my pinky is on file in the FBI data base and they know) that so I don't have to have that,. I have mine on file because of my Class 3 FFL and my certified instructors license which allows me to teach over the road trucking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts