Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this topic has already been covered. When I did multiple searches, I did not find the answer I was looking for.

I would like to switch out the grips on a S&W Model 22, but need to remove the lanyard ring from the butt before I can proceed. How is this accomplished? It seems like it should be a simple job that wouldn't require a gunsmith...there appears to be a pin located near the ring that may be holding it in, but I can't determine how to remove the pin. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Remove the grips. The portion of the swivel that enters the frame has an hourglass shape. A pin which passes through the frame rests in the concave portion of the swivel extention. Drive the pin out and the swivel will fall or be easily pulled out.

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Remove the grips. The portion of the swivel that enteres the frame has an hourglass shape. A pin which passes through the fame rests in the concave portion of the swivel extention. Drive the pin out and the swivel will fall or be easily pulled out.
Excellent. Wish my high school English teacher had been an ugly old bat or a guy instead of a woman with a set of legs she was not ashamed to show off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. I was worried I would need a special tool to get that pin out and didn't want to risk damage to the gun.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts