Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a beautiful { prototype ?} blue black finished repro of the 1911 pistol made in WWI by Remington UMC. I was told it was made by U.S. Firearms for Remington all the markings seem to be just like the originals nothing showing that U.S. Firearms made them . The gun shop originaly had 9 but as of this afternoon 5 were left it come's in a Remington marked craft box the price was $1299.00

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
How cool is that? I haven't heard of that, but cudos to Remington for doing it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had the extra money one would have come home to keep all my other .45's company :)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Has anyone seen a picture of this gun? I've looked on the Remington site and there is no mention of the item. I've asked around and, other than this place, no one has heard of them.

Anyone have a link that I can access?

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quarter Cherokee I'm not sure if they are a production gun as the gun shop told me that Remington had them made up but that when it was time to order more someone at Remington got cold feet That was the story I was told is it true ? I don't know.If you want more info you can call Hoffmans gun center in Newington ,Ct. at 860-666-8827.Hope this help's I'm not sure if they have anymore as I didn't make it there this week.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Thanks for the information, Sureshot. I'll check it out tomorrow. I'd sure like to see one up close and personal. Sounds like something I'd like to have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts