Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 馃槑
Discussion Starter #1

Registered
"...will no longer be produced." No attempt to sell the brands to new buyers? Just like that, they buy companies and kill them?

Premium Member
CDNN Sports has been running parts and partially complete AR-15 specials for the past week or so. Perhaps they are liquidating DPMS and other Remington group products?

Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 馃槑
Discussion Starter #4
there was some discussion on another site about steep discounting on dpms rifles.. been looking around myself..

Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 馃槑
Discussion Starter #5
"...will no longer be produced." No attempt to sell the brands to new buyers? Just like that, they buy companies and kill them?
right ? and not even move the brands? maybe sitting on them as a future sale or spin-off

Premium Member
It sounds like they are eliminating their exposure to future "evil gun" lawsuits. And in today's lawsuit happy climate, I can't say that I blame them as they have the Sandy Hook lawsuit to weather as it goes to trial in September 2021.

It is interesting that they are just plain shutting down and not trying sell them off for some needed capital infusion.

Premium Member
DPMS was just another dime store name in a sea of cheap ARs. Tapco was a running joke in the industry. Bushmaster had an excellent name until it was purchased. Not really sure what value these labels have today. Bushmaster was sold for quite a chunk of change about 15 years ago. Apparently, these investment guys got whatever they wanted out of the deal and the value is gone now. There's really nothing with those labels that I'd purchase. My guess is that was a prevalent view.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts