Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine bought a Remington 783 (6.5 Creedmoor) from Walmart the other day. It was a combo package that included a no-name, 3-9x40 scope. Nowhere on the scope is there a name of who made it. My guess is that it's a generic (Chinese?) scope that's made for Walmart. Any guesses? Thanx.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,963 Posts
I remember that Marlin sold rifles to Sears and called them Glenfield. They had birch wood stocks but the same inner parts.

I thought WalMart stopped selling long guns (and then ammo)?

·
Registered
15,304 Posts
There are a lot of items at Walmart where there is a Walmart version made. Computers is one category that comes to mind. It may be an HP, but it is one made to sell at Walmart price points. The same was true of at least some of their guns. For a while the Marlins at Walmart had birch stocks instead of walnut.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember that Marlin sold rifles to Sears and called them Glenfield. They had birch wood stocks but the same inner parts.

I thought WalMart stopped selling long guns (and then ammo)?
Wally World still sells long guns. Ammo primarily used in handguns is no longer. For instance, at the one near me you can buy a lever action in .357 Magnum but not the ammo for it. As Larry Potterfield would say, "And that's the way it is." :rolleyes:

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
..Wally World still sells long guns...
Just saying but <10 years ago, they had little service in the sporting goods section.

That said, I am a big fan of the WalMart company, and the many people that work in the stores. I also owned the stock. Their profits are in groceries, household goods, automotive, and electronics. I just today bought a copier from them.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Depends on where you live.

WalMart hasn't sold guns in Minnesota in at least 25 years.

Now I hear they don't sell ammo either.

Oh well..........the Internet is the best source of ammo anyway and right now you can't buy ammo anywhere unless you want to pay blood.

Reactions: 1911

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Oh well..........the Internet is the best source of ammo anyway and right now you can't buy ammo anywhere unless you want to pay blood.
I usually buy on the internet as well. There is also a big gun store near me that has great sales on ammo in normal times.

·
Registered
21,320 Posts
WALMART in VT., and N.H. still sell long guns, and ammo....but I think they stopped selling 9mm. and .223. They don't sell either in MA., but they have some left over ammo in the show case. Bob

·
Registered
26,138 Posts
Nation-wide they stopped selling handgun ammo (except for .22lr) and "tactical rifles and shotguns. They still sell long guns in hunting configurations and the ammo for them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts