Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t shot it yet, but tonight I got time to investigate it, fit and finish are wonderful, cudos to you Alabama folks ......I bought a set of constitution grip panels, to celebrate one year as a citizen. I will switch them 2nd time to range :eek::D so far impressive..with rebate great..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not yet need some empty brass... on the cards.

Thewelshm

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
Wow... I find it very interesting how today's "off the shelf" production 1911's are basically what the custom pistol smith 1911's were in the past.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats! My R1 Carry Commander was a good shooter out of the box & now it's a superb shooter since I installed an Ed Brown perfection sear, EB disconnector, EB barstock hammer & a Wilson Combat ultramatch trigger. I also polished the surface area of every part but especially the two parts (don't know what they're called) that rotate & push the firing pin block. This was especially important since these are the extra parts that make the series 80 trigger feel like it has some drag to it. I now have a 3.6 lb crisp trigger pull that you couldn't distinguish from a series 70 1911.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Not yet need some empty brass... on the cards.

Thewelshm
I believe that you’ll find you will have plenty of empty brass after you take it to the range LOL

You know the old what comes first the chicken or the egg.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Here’s a 9mm wearing polished stag shoes.

E187DCFC-ADA8-4EAE-86F6-1A975B18F360.jpeg

And another in SS wearing buffalo horn.

53CFA444-B5F5-4AAB-BF67-09CE5E5676E6.jpeg

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never did get the rebate from Remington

I haven’t shot it yet, but tonight I got time to investigate it, fit and finish are wonderful, cudos to you Alabama folks ......I bought a set of constitution grip panels, to celebrate one year as a citizen. I will switch them 2nd time to range :eek::D so far impressive..with rebate great..

Thewelshm
Kind of bummed they never sent the $75.00, its the principal of the thing. Wifey lost tracking info, so I'm wondering if I call them up in the rebate dept, I know they got the paperwork. Anyone else waiting ?:eek::D

thewelshm

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would call, what can they say, nope?
I did better, and sent them a screen shot of the forum conversation...:) I'm sure they wont want negativity on the internet?:)

We shall see..:)

thewelshm

·
Registered
363 Posts
I got one of them when they first came out. After some factory tweaking, 3.5 lb trigger, match barrel, new slide all on their dime it is a superb weapon and very accurate. The new slide I put the scratch on it and they replaced for no cost. The turn around time was 1 day.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remington rebate update..

With a little back and forward, they claimed they couldn't read my original receipt, and declined my rebate. I wrote back and stated "Ray Charles" could read it...:(

I got this email below...…..:)

thewelshm

Your concern was sent over to me for a resolution. I have requested your rebate request be resubmitted and have authorized the rebate center to process. Please know that it could take up to 4 weeks to process.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me via email or my direct phone number (336) 548-8767.

Thank you for a being a Remington customer. We look forward to your business.

Thank you
Lisa Lovett
Pricing and Program Coordinator
Remington Arms Company, LLC
870 Remington Drive, P. O. Box 700, Madison, NC 27025
P: 336-548-8767
[email protected]
Remington Outdoor Company: Remington Arms | Marlin | Barnes Bullets | Advanced Armament Corp | Dakota Arms | Remington Defense

1 - 15 of 15 Posts