Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading into "the cave" to reload some more 9mm Luger 125gn FMJ...

Ah... there... that's better...

Ooooooooo..... Shiny!!!!!!!

To the tune of "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash

The Lone Reloader Blues

I feel the range a callin...
a rollin' o'r the berm
And I ain't seen the muzzle flash
Since I don't know when...

I'm stuck inside my man cave
And rounds keep pressin' on...
But that range keeps a callin'
And tellin' me to load just one

When I was just a learnin'
My coach he told me, "son..."
Always keep your zero,
Don't ever miss with guns
But I shot a BullsEye Zero
Just to watch it wave...
When I hear that range a callin'
I hang my head and cry.

If Ransom Rests be stable
And that BullsEye Range was mine
I bet I'd move it to the middle
Farther down the line
Always making ammo
That's where I'd want to stay
And I'd let another volley
Blow my Blues away!

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Lookin' good! I plan to reload some 45acp this evening. Don't know where you get your bullets but I have been very happy with the Rock Mountain Reloading, made in house 9mm full metal jacket and multi purpose hollow points. Their price of $85/1000 is hard to beat.(includes shipping). Like everyone else right now, they are swamped with orders and have about a 10 week waiting time to fill orders. Normally they get them right out by the next day. Here is a link to their FMJ
9mm 124 Gr. RMR Full Metal Jacket Round Nose Bullets | RMR Bullets

Here is a link to their hollow points
9mm 124 Gr. RMR Jacketed Hollow Point (Multi Purpose Round) Bullets | RMR Bullets

·
Registered
19,370 Posts
Shiny on the outside but what about the inside? How about the primer pockets? Are the flash holes deburred? Just because it's a pretty face don't mean what is under the clothes is pretty too.

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shiny on the outside but what about the inside? How about the primer pockets? Are the flash holes deburred? Just because it's a pretty face don't mean what is under the clothes is pretty too.
Another 300 today...

Yeah... Shiny, pretty brass... I like 'em clean, even if they are a little rough around the edges.

Beautiful field brass, inside and out...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Not shooting much, but am experimenting with some 400 grain cast in my 460 S&W. Load 5, go to the backyard bench, shoot them across the chronograph, check the 100 yard group.......repeat as needed! memtb

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Not shooting much, but am experimenting with some 400 grain cast in my 460 S&W. Load 5, go to the backyard bench, shoot them across the chronograph, check the 100 yard group.......repeat as needed! memtb
Sounds like FUN!

Reactions: memtb

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After reloading about 1,300 9mm FMJ, I started digging into the .45ACP brass and bullets.

Here's the result of the first box of .45acp 230gn FMJ from 50 feet at the range with my Les Baer... The Hodgdon CFE Pistol is a nice soft shooting powder.

·
Registered
573 Posts
mrerick, How can you tell where you’re hitting.....you have a big ole hole in the target? 🤪 Actually....pretty nice shoot’n! memtb

·
Premium Member
13,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I watch the berm behind the target. The flyers were mostly as I was getting warmed up.

Nothing shot was off paper...All were shot one handed in bullseye stance. I was as far back on that range as possible.

This Baer M1911a1 is the first custom precision pistol I've had. It's good for 1.5 inch accuracy at 50 yards. If I do my job, it does it's job. If I don't it's all my doing. An extraordinary firearm.

Reactions: msharley and memtb
1 - 10 of 10 Posts