Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started loading my own ammo in early April of 2014, so It's been 6.5 years. I was going through my log books and did some quick calculations. I have loaded 13,000 rounds of 9mm, 11,500 of 38 Special, 8500 of 357 magnum, 6600 of 45acp, 2950 of .40 caliber and 650 rounds of 380 for a total of 43,200 reloaded rounds of ammo. That doesnt count anything done for load development & testing so the grand total is a bit more. I was surprised by that number since I had thought I was closer to 30,000. I only had a couple revolvers when I started and I expect 38 specials to exceed 9mm in a year or 2. The Lee Classic Turret Press is still running strong and is ready for the next 40,000

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hubby never kept records but I know he reloaded a boat load (big boat!) of at least 6 or 8 calibers over the 40+ years that he was actively reloading. Finally, in his late 80's, he began making mistakes and wisely sold all of his reloading equipment. He wasn't ready to leave this life due to a gun accident, and I sure wasn't ready to lose him that way! So when all the reloads are gone, we pay the going rate for factory ammo.

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
Never kept track either. All I know is, I've emptied more than a few 8 pound jugs of propellant and went through many bricks of primers.

My Rockchucker is also as good as new. I'm not however............... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cool. I too started reloading in 2014 (coincidence? I think not.) and have loaded up 1/3 of what you have jonesy814. I document every round I load and shoot. I use the 4-hole value Lee turret press for ten calibers, and it's yet to let me down. But a Rockchucker I use for bulge busting stands at the ready.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts