Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad to see this forum picking up in post's. For most of us our shooting future will depend on reloading. :)

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
could not agree more. we have some new reloaders in our ranks and as i recall, some of my best reloading tips came from casual conversations/readings on something else. a perfect example is my starting point of .015 off the lands/grooves for a bullet seating depth in a rifle {in all but magnum calibers pushing the envelope}.

G

·
0 Posts
I've managed to start a few folks off reloading. It's really satisfying to see some of the younger folks get into this great hobby. Now that ammo is getting so expensive (if you can find any)...it would seem that more and more folks will join our ranks. I'd add that I enjoy casting more then reloading and find it saves a load of money... ;)

giz

·
Registered
51 Posts
I finally decided to get started reloading last Nov. Really didn't have much to do w/ the election an all; just decided it was time to get back into it.

Got a press, a few dies, and lotsa enthusiasm. Since then I ran into a brick wall. NO components.

Asleep at the switch! Like they say... you snooze, you loose.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Mike, good to see ya' :)

Guns shows, local new rags, smaller mom and pop gun-shops....might help.
The last few gunshows, the reloading guys were more popular then the guys selling black guns. Been forcing myself to acquire reloading supplies for about 4 months now ~ every chance. Glad I did...

giz

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Giz

Seems in these parts (inland PNW) the pickens for reloading components are AWFUL SLIM. The good news is, thank God for good neighbors I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts