Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some spare time do I did some work on my reloading bench. I have the bench top a light sanding with my orbital & 150 grit paper then gave it a couple coats of polyurethane.

Here is another little project I did. My powder scale has been here in the shelf since I started reloading. It's stable and I' not going to bump it there, but the vertical shelf support is kind of in the way, and having it a hair closer would be better

I had these 2 pieces of aluminum channel laying around. So I attached them to the underside of the shelf. I had a small piece of 1x8 pine here and I sanded it a bit so after putting polyurethane it would still fit in the channel

I move the scale the the slide out shelf when needed, and store on the shelf when done with the little shelf slid in out of the way. Works Great!

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
Hey Jonesy,

Ah! Getting ready to run some ammo..........for Gravel Pit Festivities!!

Well Done!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
12,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great. I like having my scale at eye level.
It was slightly above eye level before. Being an inch lower and 5 or 6 inches closer and the unrestricted access to the pan makes it easier to use and read. I have actually had the idea in the back of my mind for a while now and finally got to it. I also got some new bins for brass storage and am working on doing some other rearrangements and small improvements

·
Registered
6,959 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very nice ! I wish mine was that organized, I keep trying to make it neater but it just gets messy all on it's own. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Any flat surface magnetically attracts stuff; even brass cases, lead bullets, and non-metallic powder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts