Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new one for me but I have three revolvers using it now and it's a bit expensive, so worth buying the dies.

Using what I had on hand I made some loud, smokey, lighter bullet loads. Just 50. I'll test them in the Blackhawk Bisley 7.5.

200 gr RNFP from Missouri with 6.8 grains of Titegroup. We will see. I have some heavier Elmer Keiths on order too. Maybe some good old W231 for that. Can't find any Unique.

(9mm for comparison)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
45LC Fun!

Hey Brass,

Been using 7.2gr to 7.5gr of Universal under a 255gr LSWC. 850 to 900fps from 8-3/8" revolver.

Excellent accuracy.

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guys. Great info and great pics!

·
Registered
9,086 Posts
A new one for me but I have three revolvers using it now and it's a bit expensive, so worth buying the dies.

Using what I had on hand I made some loud, smokey, lighter bullet loads. Just 50. I'll test them in the Blackhawk Bisley 7.5.

200 gr RNFP from Missouri with 6.8 grains of Titegroup. We will see. I have some heavier Elmer Keiths on order too. Maybe some good old W231 for that. Can't find any Unique.

(9mm for comparison)
looks like you are in the Jonesy camp with equipment mate....

thewelshm

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've never reloaded for 45 LC but it looks like a fun one to reload for. I'm using that same bullet, 200 gr. RNFP, in my 45 acp loads and I really like it. If the smoke bothers you, Missouri Bullet makes the same bullet but its a coated Hy-tek bullet. You don't get all of that smoke you normally see with an uncoated bullet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
255 grain cast SWC with Unique!
Tried Power Pistol. Not as accurate out of my Blackhawk as Unique, but it works.
A word of caution...be careful approaching maximum charge with PP.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bullseye actually works pretty good in the .45 Colt. Doesn't seem like it would be, being it doesn't occupy very much of the case volume. Just be careful when you load it because double (maybe triple) charges fit in the case easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts