Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once upon a time I actually competed in amateur power lifting competitions but now that I am an old sorry butt .. I still move weights around but they are what I would affectionately call .. Girly man weights and I only hesitate because they are so light it could be offensive to women.

However I have mentioned before if your grip and stance are true, recoil should'nt be felt in your hands but in your body.

Today's range day was with my Henry in .357, My Ruger 10mm, my 686 3" and my 642. Let me tell you boys and girls .. my chest, biceps and shoulders have a little warmth to them at the moment!!! :eek:

I fired about 125 rounds of 10mm with a mix of my reloads, a box of magtech and about 18 rounds of Underwood, I fired about 100+ rounds of .357 from the 686 mostly my reloads but I included 2 cylinders of 158Gr Rem HTP and 2 cylinders of Federal 125 gr

Then I let loose some 30 rounds of 38 from my 642 using 3.5gr of HP38 under a 158gr bullet

and then 100 rounds of .357 from the henry.

I feel like I had a good workout!!!! Sure beats lifting weights and the chest and biceps are harder than they have been in a while!!! :D

So thoughts on guns .. man .. I love my little stable of revolvers!! The 686 is a dream and I LOVE the ahrends grips. If you are an evil doer you do not want to be on the muzzle side of that gun. Even with today being a .357 day .. I was shooting pretty quick and all easily in the head and center mass. When they say be careful you can take an eye out .. I can literally take an eye out with that 686 .. and its so damn sexy to look at.

The 642 .. the gun amazes me once again. I really was prepared for much less performance having read for years that it is a belly gun and only suited for last ditch but at 9 yds I put 10 rds in a hole about half the size of a computer mouse. I freagin love that little sucker. I still tend high but the trigger is sweet and since my hands envelope most of the gun .. it is a pleasure and FUN to shoot. My wife tried it and hated it which surprised me but .. I love that little guy.

The Ruger .. Another gun that is amazingly accurate in my hands and easy to shoot. The "match" version has its detractors but I must have lucked out because it has a silky smooth trigger and I think you have to be blind not to be able to shoot it well.

Oh and what can you say about the Henry. I waited about 7 years to get that gun and its all I hoped. The wife shot it today and while she spent a bit more time between shots .. she may have shot it a hair better than me today!! She wasn't great at 25 yds but at 15 she was killing it! 63 year old annie oakley.

We have decided that when the zombies attack I will start off with the Henry at 100 yds but then hand it off when they close to about 20. :D

I love range days and its one of the things we both have a blast doing. The wife was good today with her 3" gp100 but .. I have to say .. a little soreness in the muscles right now!!

·
Registered
17,480 Posts
Any day at the range is an excellent day. I would venture you need to go more so your muscles are conditioned better. I do agree I like my Henry 357 a lot. Is your Ruger 10mm the SR 1911? I have one and it is a sweet shooting gun.

·
Registered
22,084 Posts
Congrats on a fine day at the range with a good variety of firearms. Time at the range is nice at any time but really special when your spouse, family and/or friends can come along for the fun. Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Any day at the range is an excellent day. I would venture you need to go more so your muscles are conditioned better. I do agree I like my Henry 357 a lot. Is your Ruger 10mm the SR 1911? I have one and it is a sweet shooting gun.
The Ruger is the Match champion revolver in 10mm but ... An SR will at some point join it! Just noticed I feel Popeye forearms! Man what a fun trip!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts