Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Redhawk

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Bob K 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up this Ruger Redhawk this pass weekend. It's a new one in 45acp/45colt. I took it shooting today and it did well. Had some miss fires with the 45 acp loads but I'm going to try a different brand of ammo and see if it happens again. If it does I will call Ruger. So next time I will shoot 45 acp first and then 45 colt. Maybe it had some crud under the extractor star. Anyway the 45 colt loads went bang every time. My one complaint is the trigger pull, stiff to say the least. I'm going to have to give this one a lot more trigger time to get use to it. I've read else where others have the same complaint. The 45 acp loads were Fiocchi, I'm going to try some Remington factory ball. Now for the pics. Here it is with my S&W 25-2. Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Laminate flooring Floor Hardwood Room Flooring
:cool: love the 45 bore.

See less See more
#9 ·
The first thing you would notice right away is that the 45 acp is much softer shooting in this Ruger.
I'm betting that gun feels quite over built for the ACP side of things. I have the older 4" 45 colt RH with the conventional square butt (which often feels too large) so I wonder what your impressions are of the round butt for pointing and shooting. Maybe it's just me but on larger guns (especially longer barrels ) the round butt seems to make them feel nose heavy and instinctively point low.

#10 ·
"Why doesn't S&W bring out their model 25 or 625 chambered in 45acp/45colt? I know I would buy one."

I had my 625MG in 45C cut for moon clips and now I can shoot both 45acp & 45C. I wanted a gun that could shoot both and had it converted, I really dont understand why S&W has not took advantage of this simple mod and I was super happy to hear that Ruger had come out with this lattest addition and had I not already had my gun converted I would pick this gun up.

#11 ·
The trigger on the Ruger revolvers has always been too heavy, that why I don't own one. The newer S&W's aren't light either. That's why I wouldn't buy one. I love the old S&W K frames much better.......that's why I have 4 of them! 😄 Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.