Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

3,059 Posts
There is a special "tool" that should have come with your Redhawk. It's a small, black plastic "U" shaped wedge that you insert between the grip panels and the backstrap about 1/2" from the bottom of the grip frame.

It spreads the grip apart and you kind of just finagle it down and it should slide off. The Hogue grip panel locator (which is different than the factory Ruger one) has a nipple on each side. Your basically spreading the grip so that the panels come free from those.

You won't be able to use the Hogue grip panel locator for the factory wood grips, but Brownells still sells them.

Jeff Quinn has a couple of real good pictures on his site that will make it make sense. ;)
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.