Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening everyone, I recently inherited several revolvers from my father. I believe this one to be a 1976 but am hoping to receive help verifying and any details you can provide. Pics are attached. Thanks for any help you can give. Serial matches throughout 3925xx. Has a B prefix in one location.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Its a lot older than that, model of 1905, 4th change I believe. I'd say Pre WW2 and that the barrel was cut down and the gun refinished at some point. The lettering not being centered on the barrel, and front sight style point to the cut back and the partially polished away and rounded edges lead me to believe its refinished.
Still, a cool old revolver and a priceless keepsake

·
Registered
make mine 45 acp 😎
4,039 Posts
Good evening everyone, I recently inherited several revolvers from my father. I believe this one to be a 1976 but am hoping to receive help verifying and any details you can provide. Pics are attached. Thanks for any help you can give. Serial matches throughout 3925xx. Has a B prefix in one location.
yea.. from the 1920's probably, a 38 M&P (Military and Police)

the B prefix on the barrel flat means its originally a blued gun.

shortened barrel and polished/refinished as Jonesy said..

·
Registered
27,158 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Something to hang onto and pass on. ;)

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
Greetings and welcome, nice custom job, shoot it in good health mate.

Thewelshm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for the insight. It is indeed something I'll keep and pass along to my son. I appreciate all of your information.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
The thinking is that 500,00 shipped around 1927. The pruning job is of a type commonly encountered post WWII. The gun has been significantly reblued over pitting. Looks like the sight was filed down to compensate for the rearward up slope relocation.

A gun fighter's gun and a legacy piece.

·
Premium Member
19,964 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! Not much to add except I don't see any sign of a Made in USA stamp on the right side lower frame. But, the image may be truncated. Anyhow, its absence means was shipped before mid 1922.

·
Super Moderator
34,446 Posts
Welcome to the forum! welcome01

Looks like a fine Smith to inherit from your Dad!

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts