Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a 6.5" S&W .500 X Frame with a broken rear sight blade, which part #?
Heck, the title just nearly covers it, my boss took in a used S&W X Frame .500, but it has a broken rear sight leaf (right side of the blade, not that it matters). Now, we have to get that back into salable condition properly, but with as small a parts bill as possible.
As I mentioned, it is a 6.5" X Frame, .500. Does anyone happen to know the correct height rear blade and/or that part number? I do understand I'll need the little kit along with the blade.

·
Premium Member
20,716 Posts
Call S&W Customer Service. They may also be able to sell you the kit that includes the blade. Last time I looked, they were around $12 at MidwayUSA.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call S&W Customer Service. They may also be able to sell you the kit that includes the blade. Last time I looked, they were around $12 at MidwayUSA.
Yep, emailed them just now too. Maybe someone here knows before Monday morning though. I am beginning to think that it is the same leaf that is used in K, L, & N frame rear sight bodies, and I have one or two on hand, just need to know what the standard height blade was for the 6.5" model with the shorter underlug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts