Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and Turbo Tax have done their work once again, taxes filed, reviews of every mistake or win I made during 2019 are again fresh in mind. Riding that wave, I decided to review what I did last year (2019) by way of new guns and it wasn’t much numbers-wise (4), but there are two that stand out. Out of the 4, only one is for me long term, a 2” Model 15-3. The others are already in grandkid’s hands, a dad’s safe or in mine until she can take possession, great investments as far as I’m concerned! Here are the two I’m happy most about, the S&W Model 15 snub, something I’ve wanted for a very long time, I have her now and she shoots as good as her 4” and 6” tube brothers! The other is an old (1951/52) High Standard Sport King 22 LR pistol that my nearly 15 year old grandgal has been tagged with, but for now it stays with me. Incredibly, I bought both at Cabelas, go figure that one out! Hey, if you find a Sport King like that marked for $199.99, you buy it, no matter where you are! How did last year go for all of you, any beauties you'd like to share? :)

Left.jpeg Best.jpeg

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
This is a great subject Stacy........a subject that can make us think and be appreciative (proverbial "attitude of gratitude").

2019 brought several firearms to my stable that I'm quite impressed with and two of em that really make me smile are very similar long guns.......both made for Browning by Miroku, both similar calibers and both re-pops of the Winchester 1895.

30-06.....

BrowningWinchester1895_02.JPG

.270 Winchester.....

Winchester1895-270_03.JPG

Since the days when I was a kid listening to Pop and the old timers talk about long range saddle rifles, I've been enamored with the Winchester 1895.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
I also have 2 favorites from 2019 and one of them also came from Cabelas. The pre Model 29 is all that the early .44 Magnums are talked up to be and the Third Model Perfected is just a thing of beauty. I just don't know if I can afford another year as good as last year : )

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
After many years of chasing other hobbies, and buying only "serious" and "practical" guns, 2019 was a busy gun year for me. I hadn't owned a revolver (not counting the Victory S&W my dad brought back from WWII) in several years (!!), which had been strange for me having always been a revolver aficionado, especially S&Ws.

I had been on the hunt for some time for a 4" M29, but it all started with a used 686+ 2 1/2" from Cabelas (I'm seeing a recurring theme here...). It was priced surprisingly low, so I grabbed it. It eventually got sold off to a surprisingly high offer at a gun show. Gotta love buying low and selling high. I owned one of the Lew Horton snubby 686s back in the 80's and would eventually like another, but fortunately these are easy to find.

Eventually, I did find the 29 I was looking for...

Which was soon followed by a 586 matte finish round butt, one of a special run from the late 80s. Other than a friend's from the original run, I had never even seen one for sale, so when I saw this one, I grabbed it.

Next was a PC M19 K Comp... I'm not a huge fan of S&Ws with locks, but I am a huge fan of 3" K frames, and it's one heck of a shooter.

I finished off 2019 with another of my 'holy grail' guns, a 3 1/2" M27.

There were a number of other guns that followed me home last year, but those are the Smiths that joined the stable.

·
Registered
17,514 Posts
I had some leave and some join the stable but I feel the ones that really are my long time favorites but just never had the money or opportunity to get them. Last year I got my M1 Garand and an Inland M1 Carbine.
IMG_4033.JPG
thumbnail16.jpg

·
Registered
792 Posts
After my buying sprees in 2017 and 2018 as I was replacing my double stack Glocks with thinner grips and lower calibers to rebuild my basic stash, I didn't buy even one gun in 2019. I did, however, buy another gun belt, a couple new holsters and "some" ammunition. Guess I'm set for a while now.

I do like to see pictures of all the goodies y'all are continuing to buy though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts