Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if the rebound slide spring on I frames will interchange with a J frame spring ? I am working with a nice old I frame Official Police, Stripped it cleaned and put the gun back together. Slide is smooth no problems there but the trigger reset is slow and sort of sticky. I suspect the spring has lost it's spring.

If not were can you buy a I frame spring ?

Boats

G

·
0 Posts
A J may work, but I think the I Frame one is just a teeny bit smaller. The springs seldom go bad, have you gotten inside and given it a really good cleaning? If you slightly stone (smooth) the bottom and back side of the slide it will enhance the smoothness. Try a J frame spring and see if it is the same diameter and length. Possibly a 13 lb one would be more appropriate for the I frame.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I think it's clean but tell the truth did not do a 100 % strip. Mostly carb cleaner and air hose. I am going to take it down again double check everything including is the slide smooth with no hangs.

Since posting couple of people have told me there is more than one kind of I frame. Some of the parts are different. Hand for example.

Will post results.

Boats

1 - 3 of 3 Posts