Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked on getting this one for a few days, finally saw it live and we came to an agreement. The hammer and trigger made me question the finish. The tire treads did too. It looks to me to be a survivor from an owner that doesn't like case color for some reason. Is it the original blue or a refinish?
Gun accessory Auto part Metal Cylinder Titanium
Gun accessory Auto part Metal Cylinder Titanium
Revolver Gas Gun barrel Gun accessory Tool

·
Premium Member
13,668 Posts
Have the hammer and trigger been chromed or nickle plated?

The focus and lighting of your photos are just soft enough that I can't judge finish edges. If they are sharp, it was either very well done, or original.

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am pleased with it,,, the Goodyears arean easy fix, the glare off the hammer and trigger,, not so easy. I also forgot to mention that nice fellow from The Wiregrass for his help. It's chrome not nickel,, very odd to me.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
That’s weird. Don’t know why the asterisks. I spelled out M I C K
It's the same on ***** signature line too, Forester.
Apparently we must henceforth refer to Azmick as "asterisk". Political Correctness strikes again!

John

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
If me, I’d do just enough to make me happy. I’d replace the hammer and trigger and grips and go shooting. I wouldn’t sweat the finish. Just MHO.

enjoy, ****.

Reactions: azmick

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Yeah. The M.I.C.K thing has to go.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Looks like an original to me. As far as the chromed trigger and hammer I had a friend that produced a lot of acid in his sweat and for some reason it seemed to affect case hardened finishes so he chromed everything. Yep, every thing. He even chromed his vintage 1911, alas.

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
on a positive note that sucker will polish up like the Dickes, new shoes and you are golden mate

Thewelshm
Worked on getting this one for a few days, finally saw it live and we came to an agreement. The hammer and trigger made me question the finish. The tire treads did too. It looks to me to be a survivor from an owner that doesn't like case color for some reason. Is it the original blue or a refinish? View attachment 494693 View attachment 494693 View attachment 494694 View attachment 494693 View attachment 494694 View attachment 494695 View attachment 494696 View attachment 494697

·
Registered
76 Posts
And that's a nice old four screw Combat Magnum! Relatively early.

I would look for a replacement hammer and trigger. That shiny stuff would bug the far out of me. If it's just polished and not plated, you can quickly simulate a sort-of case hardened look with cold blueing. But they do appear to be plated.... like bumper chrome... ugh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts